- Eka Pada Rajakapotasana II
What shocks me most about my journey with poses like this - ones that need flexibility to get in but strength to hold - is that the pace of progress that was once utterly glacial just keeps on speeding up. Scroll across and you’ll see the 22 months this took, split across 6 pictures. My body barely changed over the first year. Then those next 6 months the shift started. But to go from being able to get into the flipped grip without a strap for the first time just two months ago to being able to get my head to my foot now (with only a few minutes of flowing to warm up beforehand) really blows my mind. .
Here are the things (aside from lots of time!) that helped:
1. For the lunge part: really grip the butt cheek of the back leg. It will help you get into that front hip flexor (sorry 😬) and give you extra stability in the pose
2. If you feel discomfort in the back knee, pop some padding underneath. It’s because your hips aren’t open enough so you are putting weight on the actual kneecap instead of the end of the thigh. Which will change with time
3. Although you can see me using my trusty @infinitystrap through the first bunch of these pictures, honestly I never practiced this pose with the strap. Well, let’s be clearer: I never practiced this pose! Instead, focus on general hip and front body (lizard, half splits, all the warriors) and shoulder opening (wheel, forearm wheel, puppy pose, long holds challenging your shoulders in down dog). Then you can use the strap to help you work out how far or how close you are. If you don’t have a strap, no worries: if you can comfortably do mermaid grip, you are ready to flip the grip
4. You also need a bunch of upper back strength to support your head and keep your balance here (and not dump into your lower back): chaturanga, planks, and long hold headstands are your friend, even though you don’t associate them automatically with backbends
5. This was the last of the classic flipped grip poses for me. So if flipped grip is new to you, don’t start here! The order I got them was dancers, then bow, then tiger. And now some 6 months after that first full dancers pose, here I am .
When the @dharmayogawheel brings your foot within reach... 🎉. Spent 2 hours in town and I am toasted. Sitting in bed with lacrosse balls under my feet and it hurts so good 😅.
❤a good teacher has to keep practice ❤🙏 thx @hkstayfit let us practice here😉
Top& bottom : @lululemon @lululemonhk
this week: deepening my backbends 🧘🏼♀️ eka pada rajakapotasana ii
"We breathe when we're wrong, we breathe when we're right, we breathe even as we slip off the ledge toward an early grave. It cannot be undone. So I breathe."
The last time I tried this I couldn't even breathe nor grip with both hands, so I'll own this small victory for now 🥂
Zapraszam na Kolejne warsztaty z @oksymec :) 10-02-2018 (Sobota/ Saturday)
1. Core �We will study techniques and asanas for work with deep muscles of the press; work with Bandh. Define what is core and how to work with it.
2. Correct work with Asanas.�The geometry of the main asanas, which are the foundation in practice. We will explain the correct edits and "help a friend." 11-02-2018 ( Niedziela/ Sunday )
3. Lower armbalances.�Mastering from simple to complex:�1.bakasana�2.astavakrasana�3.EPK1,2�4.Titibhasana A, B, C�5.lolasana
Warsztat prowadzony w języku angielskim
Uwaga!!! Ilość miejsc ograniczona.
1 dzień 150zl
2 dni 250zl
#yoga #poland #zabrze #gliwice #slask #workshop #joga #yogateacher #core #workout #flexible #strength #balance #ashtavakrasana #bakasana #ekapadarajakapotasanaii #katowice #silesia @oksymec
“Yoga is a dance between control and surrender – between pushing and letting go – and when to push and when to let go becomes part of the creative process, part of the open-ended exploration of your being.” ~ Joel Kramer 📸: @pepe.zmf
#ekapadarajakapotasanaii #yoga #samayogagt #yogaguatemala #yogacentroamerica #yogaphilosophy #yogagram #yogaart #instayoga #bw #bwphoto #bwyoga #bwphotography
#spiderman #spidermanyogi #yoga #yogalife #yogadaily #yogaaddict #yogaposes #yogaaddict #yogaposes #yogaclass #yogatime #yogalove #yogatime #yogalove #yogapose #yogastudent #yogaeveryday #yogateacher #yogaflow #yogaart #yogajunkie #yogaday #yogamen #yogasuperhero #yoga #ekapadarajakapotasanai #ekapadarajakapotasanaii #ekapadarajakapotasanaiii #posturadelapaloma
from @dinadzadzaeva - День 22 с #yogachallenge#Yoga4x7 и у нас #EkaPadaRajakapotasanaII 🤸♀️💪 Йога в @shape_fitness_vladz ПН СР ПТ 18.30
เท้าแตะหัวสบายขึ้น 🤒🤒กำแพงช่วยคุณได้ #ekapadarajakapotasanaii